Last Updated: September 13, 2021
- Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account; upload, view, or download certain features or content; participate in events; enter contests or sweepstakes; or donate;
- Social networks through which you may access the Services or otherwise interact with us; and
- Our affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The personal information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Demographic information, such as age, date of birth, gender; and
- Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers.
We use a third-party payment processor to process payments and donations made to us. In connection with the processing of such payments and donations, we do not obtain your payment card information.
When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic. The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
In order to delete your data, please contact USABA at email@example.com. Note some of your data may still be stored on third party sites.
- HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We work with a number of third-party service providers to provide the Services to you. For example, Donor Drive hosts our website at usaba.donordrive.com. USABA does not control these third parties and is not responsible for their activities, and we encourage you to review their privacy policies before sharing any information with any parties other than USABA.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process donations that you provide and complete other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with products and services you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your donations and other transactions using the Services;
- Maintain our online community;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our services, promotions, and events;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our organization and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of USABA, users of the Services, or others; and
- With your consent.
- Data Security
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
- Your Choices
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by installing the browser add-on available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- Accessing and Changing Your Information
If you have an account with us, you can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, or to correct any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not directed to, and USABA does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Data Transfers
USABA is based in Colorado Springs, Colorado in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
- Contact Us